Thursday, November 10, 2011

PM

The letters PM have come to mean many things in my life...usually they refer to potential members of Kappa Kappa Psi, but today they stand for Prime Minister, because I'm watching the Prime Minister's Questions on CSPAN's website. I like that I always count keeping up with current events as studying for my major, although it has nothing to do with any of my classes. (Although the last time I think I watched PM's Questions was when Gordon Brown became PM & David Cameron was leader of the opposition. That happened, right?) There's something so wonderful about people playing out their political battles in public and expressing their outrage for everyone to hear. I also like that they call each other "right honorable" when they're tearing each other apart.

Also, I read a story on TIME.com yesterday about how students in London are protesting funding cuts to higher education. Then I saw that Penn State students are rioting over the rightful firing of their beloved coach over a shameful scandal. It really calls American priorities into question...out of state costs for students at the U of A are being raised by 32% next year, and no one seems to have noticed it. I wouldn't have heard of it at all if I didn't follow the Traveler on twitter. Although lack of outrage over this may be due to how laughably easy it is to get instate tuition here...it's still not a good thing. I could easily turn this into an attack from the right, which shows that I've spent too much time in Davidson's class.

Parliamentary Funsies: http://www.c-span.org/Events/Prime-Ministers-Questions/10737425347/

No comments:

Post a Comment