Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Things Methodist Girls Like

Buzzfeed had lists of "Things Catholic Girls Like" and "Things Mormon Girls Like," so I figure it's just a matter of time before "Things Protestant Girls Like" rears its ugly head. It's bound to be inaccurate because Protestant goes from Episcopal to Primitive Baptist (it's a real thing - that's where my Grandma goes!), so I figured I'd make a list of things that Methodist girls like, based on my limited life experiences with other Methodist girls.

1) The Cross & Flame.
Seriously, it's like the coolest denomination logo ever. I absolutely love my FUMC shirt because it has a huge cross & flame on it.

2) Grape Juice


And we can tell when you're skimping during communion and didn't buy Welch's.

3) Harry Potter


4) Crosses on the top of tall places

Always the best day of church camp...

5) Advent

Because sometimes there wouldn't be little kids so your family got to light the candles.

6) Chacos

I know all Christian girls like this one, but Methodists are no exception.

7) Queso

8) Collecting loose change for Lent

And guilt-tripping our friends into giving us their loose change as well.

9) Any song written by Charles or John Wesley
I don't know what other churches sing because our founders wrote most of our music...

10) Friendship Bracelets

11) Lord of the Rings
And talking about how handsome Orlando Bloom was in the movies in the time between Sunday School and church.

12) Traveling


And visiting a lot of Catholic churches.

13) Cardigans

The sanctuary is always cold! Also this picture = travel + cardigan. 

14) The kite commercial.

The best commercial of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment