Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Foods I Can't Wait To Eat

I depart for Germany in 63 days, and I'm getting excited to eat food that tastes amazing and I believe is cheap because the Euro is worth more than the dollar.

Here is my list of foods that I will want to eat as soon as I hit the tarmac in Frankfurt:

1) POMMES. Americans don't know what they're doing here, I hate to admit. And for those of you who speak French, Germans have abbreviated Pommes Frites to Pommes and pronounce it with 2 syllables. THEY ARE SO LECKER. (Without anything to compare it to, it's hard to tell that I selected the "groß" photo because I plan to eat it all.)
2) Eis. German gelato. So amazing, and it costs 1 Euro per cone.


3) Apfelschorle. Fizzy apple juice and the apple juice doesn't taste like pure sugar like in the US!

4) A proper pretzel. Although I LOVE American soft pretzels a la Auntie Anne's, German pretzels are something else. Also it's acceptable cut them open and slather them with butter.


5) A McFlurry and a McChicken. It's nice to know that I'm just looking forward to eating a sophisticated meal at a train station...
The McFlurries have TWIX in them there. TWIX, people. I actually haven't eaten at an American McDonald's since before I left for Germany last June...so this could be a thing in the US by now. 
6) German Food. Probably should be higher up on the list, but whatevs.


7) Rittersport and Milka. Available in the US, but I don't feel like paying that much for something that coasts less than a Euro in Germany.
 

8) Bread. Bread that you would give up your first born child to eat again...you get to eat it for breakfast and sometimes dinner and make open-faced sandwiches with it.


9) Delicious spreads for your bread. Nutella, Karamell Zauber, and weird thin peanut butter that you have to stir before using.


 
10) Doener. I ate fake Greek food in NYC and it broke my heart because my two favorite things about Doener are the tasty lamb meat and the bread. Fake NYC Greek gyros are 99% weird veggies (not proper Doener veggies like tomatoes and cabbage) and are on pita, which doesn't even taste good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment