Monday, June 10, 2013

Meeting Arthur Darvill


Ah, New York City. Full of pigeons who don't understand where to defecate and foreign tourists. Although this city also made me feel like a foreign tourist. Anyhow, I went and saw Once and I MET ARTHUR DARVILL!! (I also did many other things, including seeing Mamma Mia! and Jersey Boys, hitting a guy with our bus, visiting the Empire State Building and MoMA, and eating the best pizza ever in the Village.)

This is how I felt when he walked on stage, then again when he started singing, then when he played the guitar, then again when I saw him, and finally when he signed my playbill:






I did not actually do this because there was a security guy there...presumably to keep the herd of nerd girls at bay. And there was quite a nice, orderly herd that waited patiently for Arthur to say hello to each of us. Our herd was unapologetically nerdy. I'd say it was about 150 people...about 15 people were waiting for Matthew Broderick to emerge from Nice Work if You Can Get It across the street. But we stood and talked and made friends (I mentioned that standing on my tiptoes to get signatures was bringing back my band calves and the guy next to me said "Oh, I miss marching band!"). I also heard a conversation start at "Who's your favorite companion?" and progress all the way to Starkid before the leads came out.

I have no picture to prove that I met Arthur Darvill; I'm trying to live in the moment and not let technology get in the way of my life. However, I did watch him take a selfie with another girl on the trip and it was adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment