Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Girl on Fire

I finished reading Mockingjay yesterday...and came to the sad conclusion that it wasn't as good as the first two in the series. The series was still awesome, but the book was boring for too long. It's a good book to make me think though; dystopic books tend to do that. I'd actually tried to convince myself that I didn't like that sort of book anymore, but my middle school love of books likes The Giver and 1984 is apparently still hiding in the back of my mind.

In sadder news, I don't like the British version of The Office as much as I like the American version. I really want to like it, but their humor is a bit too inappropriate for my taste. Also, whoever borrowed it from the library before me must have keyed it or something...I can barely get the second season to play for more than 2 or 3 minutes before it freaks my computer out.

I'm glad my world lit class is almost over. Yesterday, I read Mockingjay and most of Pretty Little Liars but had to force myself to skim the assigned text for class. (It was from the epic of Son Jara, which had a half page of footnotes for every page of text because the Norton people realized that most Americans have no knowledge of African culture whatsoever.)

Today, this football played in said world lit class informed us all that the knowledge from this class can, in fact, be useful in everyday life. He told us that yesterday he was going to get a smoothie and noticed a hot girl reading a story we read earlier this month and used that to talk to her. Then he said he was an education major, but that may have been a lie.

I'm very excited about seeing Evita at the Tulsa PAC this Saturday. I saw 9 to 5 there last Saturday...my family's on a bit of a binge, I guess. 9 to 5 was cute enough, but not really substantial. 

Favorite song of the moment: "The Perfect Space" by the Avett Brothers


No comments:

Post a Comment