Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Attractive from a distance, crazy up close.

I think Eufaula needs a new slogan. "Where pride creates progress" never made much sense anyways...
I'm thinking "Crazy, but you love it anyways" or "Exciting when you least expect it!"

This slogan has been earned in the past two days for sure. Yesterday, a grass fire almost got to my grandparents' house. It was pretty scary since the police wouldn't let us drive back where they live to check on them and they didn't answer the phone since they were outside wetting down the grass near their house and such. It luckily only came within 200 yards of their place. This incident made it clear that we were in need of some rain. And Mother Nature kindly fulfilled that need...with a raging thunderstorm that knocked out power to most of Eufaula for half the night and most of the morning. Due to that, I ended up going to selflessly volunteer at the elementary school to help my mom get her classroom ready...and by "selflessly" I mean that the elementary had AC and my house didn't.

My mom is also on her second loaner car...her car's AC isn't working, so it's in the shop. She was a driving a loaner from the dealership (it was a grand marquis, more commonly known around our house as the grandma car) but then someone was interested in it, so it was traded for a tank-like ford pickup. All in all, the most exciting week of the summer in Eufaula...I'm so glad I was home for it!!

In other news, I recently discovered the UA frat style twitter...it provides minutes of exciting advice "for the fratty hogs." I just laugh at it...much like I laugh at total frat move, a website where sorority girls & frat guys brag about how stupid they are...apparently they're unaware that the rest of us just make fun of their website. :)

I preordered The Fault in our Stars this week for both me & Emily. Then today I discovered that both Stephanie Perkins and Maureen Johnson have books coming out next month! I'm in young adult literary heaven! I may even start reading during the school year...

It's almost the most wonderful time of the year: early week. I'm sick of summer and this waiting around.

No comments:

Post a Comment