Monday, August 22, 2011

If this is a rom-com, kill the director!

My music lecture teacher assigned us to write a few sentences about our favorite piece of music. So I'm listening to the top played songs on my itunes and becoming outrageously happy after a kinda "meh" first day of class. Music lecture actually looks like it could be cool. Thinking about why music is important to me and why I like my favorite song is pretty revealing.

German was only a tiny bit frightening. I caught about 75% of what the Leher said, so that's a good sign. Having 50 vocab words, however, was not. I know I can do it though!! I love German, so it's going to be great! (Also, my teacher has his nose pierced. He doesn't really seem like the pierced-nose type.)

I'm super excited to learn about the cold war...the best part about being a junior is taking classes that are very interesting to me, not just core classes. I spent part of my evening downstairs reading for class already. (Did you know that the US basically had a weird war against the Bolsheviks right at the end of WWI where we were allied with Japan? I didn't.)

Lunchtime in Brough is most definitely a sport now. I had to wander around for 15 minutes before I found a seat...I took to grabbing an empty ice cream cone every lap because I thought I wasn't ever going to get to sit and eat.

I'm just kind of dealing with my social life right now...I spent Saturday & Sunday watching the first season of Doctor Who (and it was awesome). I mean, I talk with people all the time, but I'm probably going to spend the year getting to know my inner nerdfighter better. It's about time she has a chance to show the world how awesome she is!

I think I'm going to write about "Sigh No More" or "Roll Away Your Stone." Then, it's time for more Doctor Who, I think.

dftba

No comments:

Post a Comment