Thursday, November 29, 2012

Palestine and Paywalls

The Sudler Trophy case has been pushed back about 5 feet from the band hall doors for about 4 days now. It got pushed back because there was a table set up in the lobby for uniform check-in. The weird thing is, people are really bothered by this trophy being pushed back. I've heard 3 or 4 different people comment on it. I don't mind it that much - it makes the back part of the band hall seem more closed in, which to me means cozier, but other people seem to find it claustrophobic. It's weird that so many people have noticed this detail and that people care enough to comment on this change - in the grand scheme of things, it's completely insignificant.
Also, I googled the Sudler Trophy. According to Wikipedia, it's 22.5 inches tall. Just like an 8 to 5 step. Nerds everywhere, rejoice! This trophy makes sense!!

Also, OH MY GOODNESS THE UN RECOGNIZED PALESTINE! I know that it's just the General Assembly, and that the US still doesn't recognize it. I'm unsure how I feel about it, but right now it doesn't really matter how I feel about it. All I know is that IR just got even more exciting than usual!


In related news, the NY Times had what I assume is an amazing story on the topic, but I've looked at my 10 articles for the month and had to wait the extra time for TIME to write up something on the topic. I know I got to learn about it in the end, but it was rather frustrating. (Especially since I never hit the paywall with TIME since my parents subscribe.)

I'm also so excited for the semester to be over. I've felt tired all week - no real reason; I've been sleeping a lot and drinking coffee as well. I'm pretty sure it's typical end-of-semester weariness. I'm sure I'll miss this once it's gone, but for now I'm just looking forward to Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment