Tuesday, May 10, 2011

New Specs

I got new spectacles today. I absolutely love them. They're just glasses, but they're a bit too big for my face and really thick (like half an inch think) and make my eyes look tiny, so I'm going to call them specs. Also, Anne Hathaway has poor eyesight and she refers to her specs as specs. Anyhow, my depth perception is all messed up in these bad boys...I really want to watch Speed Racer right now...I'm pretty sure it would be even more trippy than usual!

Also, I went to the Fayetteville Farmer's Market on Saturday. It was...wonderful and possibly the best thing I've ever done in Fayetteville. There were pretty flowers, hippie farmers, a lady dressed like she belonged in a Victorian brothel, Tibetan monks, and a lady drinking champagne at 10:15 am. I'm pretty sure the monks were temporary due to the Dalai Lama's visit this week, but the overall experience would still be great without them...the place had a carnival atmosphere, but admission was free for all. Then my friends and I explored a few of the little store on Fayetteville's square. We all found a billion cutesy things we want and can't afford. But some good craft ideas were found as well...it was a very successful trip.

A few of us purchased bumper stickers...it was the kind of atmosphere that made me totally love Fayetteville and be so thankful that I get to live in the greatest city in the world until 2013 at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment