Friday, April 29, 2011

Being Content

So I'm spending my Friday night alone in my room watching the NBC shows I missed last night. Earlier this year, that might have bothered me. But my roommate is out of town, and I'm savoring the alone time. It's pretty hard to come by here...even when you're in a secluded part of the library, there are still tons of people nearby, and no one really hangs out in their car.

The weirdest part of college is not the first part when you come here and you're super excited and you meet people who are just like you. It's the second part, when you all begin to grow up some more and realize that no one on earth is just like you. At the beginning of the year, I had a hard time coping with that and felt left out/misunderstood. But I'm happy right now. I know I'm in the right major and taking the right classes and making the right grades and hanging out with the right people. It's really great, actually.

I woke up at 4:35 this morning and watched Wills & Kate get married live...because there are just some things you can only do when you're in college (seriously, I don't care that much. and i wouldn't get up early if i had to work or something). It was nice...but doing massive amounts of laundry this afternoon was nicer. Happiness is a clean set of sheets and a clean comforter.

Sunny day count: 2. I'm putting my rain boots away...

No comments:

Post a Comment