Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20th

I finished catching up on my photo-a-day today, and I found Drake Field, so now I have a more accurate picture for wonder. Today it snowed, and everything was icily beautiful. Days like this don't happen everyday...or even once a month. I'm glad I got to see the U of A blanketed in snow once more before I leave.

___________________________________________

February 17: settle

Over the past few years, it has come to my attention that selling insurance is a way of "settling" in life. (Unless that's what you wanted to do originally.) I don't want to settle for anything short of my dreams...I just need a bit more time to hone in on exactly what my dreams are.

_____________________________________________________

February 18: world

J. William Fulbright. This man epitomizes my dreams. He opened the way for me to even have a hope of going to Europe next year. People like Fulbright who came from humble beginnings, but distinguished themselves inspire me and encourage me to persevere in my studies.

___________________________________________

February 19: wonder 

Yes, I already did this one, but now I have a photo of an actual airplane.

____________________________________________________

February 20: evil

Evil is a concept difficult to define. I considered this for a while before going with a gun for today. I almost took a series of pictures of good things in an attempt to define evil by what it is not, but I decided to go with this. 
So why the gun? Yes, I am liberal and in favor of stricter gun controls, but I don't believe that every gun should be taken away from every person ever. I support more education and limiting gun purchases to those that can be used for hunting. Guns do, however, symbolize war. Guns are used to kill other people. Guns can accidentally kill people if misused. I know this can be said of other things, which is what makes evil so hard to define. Guns don't do exclusively evil things, which lends itself to the conclusion that most things can be utilized for nefarious purposes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment