Friday, February 22, 2013

February 22nd

February 22: spirit

I've been watching too much Parks & Recreation lately. Mostly because one of my favorite fictional characters, Ben Wyatt, got married on the show last night, and as a devoted fan I felt compelled to watch the episode 4 times.

So the word of the day is spirit. I chose to take a picture of Li'l Sebastian...which seems odd. But it's not what Li'l Sebastian is, but what he represents (in the world of the show. not seriously). He represents the spirit of Pawnee, Indiana. It's hard to capture the spirit of small-town life in a single object, but Li'l Sebastian successfully portrays how ridiculous a town can be while remaining entirely sincere.

My first thought when I think of "spirit" is air, but it is hard to take a picture of a light breeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment