Monday, February 25, 2013

February 25th

I took these pictures on the correct day, but I didn't upload them in a timely manner. Oh well.

February 23: live

There are stairs to nowhere in UCA's fine arts building. I climbed them anyhow. Climbing on stairs to nowhere is symbolic somehow...I guess. The thing is, I knew the stairs weren't going anywhere, and that meant I had to climb them. A set of stairs that went somewhere weren't of interest to me! It's the opposite of life...where we don't want to get stuck going nowhere. Hopefully, my life will not be like these stairs. Hopefully, I will live.


__________________________________________

February 24: vision

One needs vision to run an organization. Hopefully it's not short-sighted vision, but sometimes that happens to all of us! I spent this day thinking of "Be Thou My Vision." I don't like that song very much, but my reason for disliking it isn't very strong. I should give it another try.


_________________________________________________

February 25: cover

1) I have had the song "I'll Cover You" in my head all day. I don't really like Rent.
2) My first thought was to take a selfie of myself in my dripping raincoat because it covers me and protects me from the rain.
3) Then I saw this sign in the bathroom at Pat Walker. Part of it at the bottom says "get covered!" Pat Walker is covered by the student health fee, and other stuff is probably covered by insurance. I'm fortunate enough to have both of those paid by someone else at this point in my life (yay not being 26!). We're often fortunate enough to have something or someone covering us. I know I try not to take it for granted, but I need to think about that more often.
(Side note: antibiotics are covered by insurance, which makes going to the doctor and getting a prescription way cheaper than trying to get better using over the counter medicines. So happy to be covered. And if this post is odd(er than usual) I blame my excellent coverage.)


No comments:

Post a Comment